Hello Black Team! Until further notice, all of our communication will be on google classroom. Of course, if you or your parents need to email me for some reason, I will be checking that daily, too. Stay safe and healthy!!
- Argument/Imperialism Essay - Your entire rough draft should be complete and typed by tomorrow. Remember, if you are going to have a problem printing at home, we discussed solutions today in class... no excuses!
- "To This Day" poem - complete your annotations, underlining of rhyming words, circling of repeated words and phrases, and final statement about what you think the poet speaker is saying to the reader. Don't forget to include whether you liked the poem or not, and an explanation of why.
- The Giver project is due this Friday, 2/7 - no late projects will be accepted.
- The Giver - Read chapter 16 and do the title
- NOW is the time to get caught up if you are behind ... I will not be accept late work after Friday!
- The Giver - Read chapters 14-15 and create chapter titles for each.
- The mid-term is Wednesday and Thursday... just an FYI.
- Check Powerschool! There is a lot of missing work!
- The Giver - Read chapters 3, 4, and 5. Create titles for each with a three sentence (or more) explanation of why you created it; at least one sentence must focus on how Jonas is feeling in the chapter.
- Venn diagrams couldn't be collected today because of the mixed-up schedule and groups; if you didn't complete yours, better get it done tonight!
- The Giver - Read chapters 1 and 2. Create titles for each with a three sentence (or more) explanation of why you created it; remember, at least one sentence must focus on how Jonas is feeling in the chapter.
- Vocab. quiz on Wednesday - bio, tract, ject, vis, volve and all the prefixes and suffixes for each week.
- Paragraphs were collected today. If you didn't have yours, you may bring it in tomorrow, but for reduced credit.
- The Giver, Activity 2: Finish the Venn Diagram if you were unable to do so in class today.
- Vocab quiz will be next Wednesday - bio, rupt, tract, ject, vis, volve.
- The vocab quiz is being moved to next week; the date will be announced toward the end of this week. I'm sorry for the confusion. With being out yesterday, and today's activity taking longer than I anticipated, we're going to need more time, and I'd rather not push this into next week.
- The Giver - Activity 2: complete your research notes on a sheet of loose-leaf paper. You should have between 10-15 bullet points of information defining utopia. You DO NOT have to write the paragraph tonight.
- Vocab quiz, NEXT Friday, 12/13: bio, tract, ject, vis, volve
- The Giver - Calculate your percentages for Activity #1 on a sheet of loose-leaf.
vocab: tract and ject part C
- Vocab: tract, ject - Parts A and B. If you want to do Part C, because it's your homework tomorrow night, feel free. Add it to Part C, bio, from last week.
- Vocab, part D - remember to do a good job!
- Finish the final draft of your Veteran's Day letter
We worked all week finishing up our Book Club books and writing punctuation prompts. Your only homework tonight is to check PowerSchool again, and turn in any late work. It will not be accepted after tomorrow. And, have a happy, SAFE Halloween!!
- Read for day 10 of Book Club - no writing necessary, but you will be doing so in class tomorrow, so be prepared!
- Vocab: Part C and STUDY! The quiz is Friday for scribe/script, avi, struct, and cred
- Read for day 9 of Book Club - due Thursday
- Vocab: scribe/script and avi - parts A and B due tomorrow
- Read for day 7 of Book Club
- Write a summary of the chapters using SWBS
- New vocab: rupt - cap, parts A and B
- Vocab. quiz Friday on all the word parts (prefixes, roots and suffixes) for port, fac/t, rupt and cap
Tonight, please re-write your summary from last night according to the notes we took today in class. You may do it on the same sheet of paper under your first response, or on a clean sheet. If you would like to type it, that's great too, but please print it at home. I have attached the notes here as well.
Due Tuesday, 10/8, read your BC book for day 7 and write a summary of the chapters, again, based on the format we learned today in class.
Happy Wednesday! For tonight, read your chapters for day 6, and then write a summary for these chapters only, not the whole book so far.
The reading and punctuation prompt sheet for day 5 is due on Wednesday. Try to get it done tonight, so you can enjoy the nice, long weekend!
Happy Wednesday! Tonight you need to read your book for day 4 and complete the second side of your punctuation prompt sheet. Remember to provide enough of the quote so I know what's happening in that scene on the left side; and on the right, remember to state your thoughts and/or opinions of what's happening in the text.
Hello Black Team,
We're in full swing with homework! Be sure to have your materials with you tomorrow even though we're having an alternate schedule. If you are unable to complete your work, the vocabulary Part D will be due Monday, and the reading and punctuation prompt will be due Tuesday.